Saturday, February 14, 2015

Mimosa in the house...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

photography and styling by Marieke's design
Zijn ze niet prachtig? Ik ben er helemaal weg van, deze takjes Mimosa. Ik vind het een prachtige bloem en dat voor een geel hater. Ik ben namelijk helemaal geen fan van de kleur geel, ik zou niet snel iets in het geel kopen of adviseren aan klanten maar er is een kleur geel die ik erg mooi vind; Mimosa geel.

De Mimosa heb ik voor het eerst bewust gezien in een prachtig stadspark in Madrid. Het was hoog zomer, erg heet en de weinige bomen die er stonden waren Mimosa.
Uiteraard niet in bloei maar het blad fascineerde me. Heel fragiel en gedetailleerd, het leken met allemaal kleine veertjes. Toen ik later eens naar wat informatie over de boom ging zoeken kwam ik er achter dat dit de boom was met die prachtige gele bloemen.

Ik heb ze net weer bij de bloemist gevonden en ze staan te schitteren door het hele huis.
Laat de lente maar weer komen, ik ben er klaar voor!

photography and styling by Marieke's design
English summary: Aren't they gorgeous? I love those branches of Mimosa. It is such a pretty flower, and I hate the colour yellow. Let me explain, I don't like the colour yellow at all, but I have to admit that there is only one colour yellow I like; Mimosa yellow. So bright and fresh.

I first noticed those pretty trees when I was in a park in Madrid. Those trees inspired me and gave a lovely shade in the summer heat. I did not knew then, that this was the tree with those pretty yellow flowers.

I found them at the florist in our town and bought them instantly. I've put them all around the house. Feels like spring is coming soon, I am ready for it!

photography and styling by Marieke's design

No comments:

Post a Comment